Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Liebster Award - I received a nomination!



The lovely ladies over at The Naughty Forty Diaries  have nominated me for a Liebster Award.

I admit, I had no clue what this was until I read a bit more about it on their blog and did some googling. It seems that a Liebster Award is an award created to recognise and/or discover new blogs that are out there. It's an award that you only receive online (i.e. there are no award ceremonies etc!) and it is passed on from blogger to blogger. The word 'Liebster' also has German origins and can mean 'sweetest', 'kindest' and 'beloved', among other meanings. 
The idea behind it is to foster some love for different blogs and pass the word on, so to speak. The rules are:

1. You must acknowledge the award from the blogger that nominated you (done) and then display the award (also done). 
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you (done, see below).
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself (done, see below again!). 
4. Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are worthy of the award. There is some dispute about the amount of bloggers. Some blogs say 5 and some say 11. 
5. Let them know you have nominated them. 
6. Give them 11 questions to answer. 

Here are my 11 random facts about me:

1. I met the Queen at Jungle Jims (In Blackpool Tower) when I was little.

2. I won a safari holiday to Africa when I was five.

3. My surname used to be Sillitoe. Yes that's right, pronounced 'Silly - toe.' I broke my toe twice, I will leave you to guess the reaction!

4. I got married when I was 27.

5. Charlie is the only child I intend to have.

6. I live on a little island in the middle of the Irish sea, The Isle of Man and I love it. But I miss my family.

7. I love white wine.

8. I have an obsession, that started in pregnancy, with sour skittles. I hate the fruit ones, but love the sour ones.

9. I am only just 5ft. So I often get mistaken for a sixth former where I work. (I work in a school)

10. I have never smoked, taken drugs or been arrested.

11. I failed my driving test for NOT running over a pedestrian. Yes, that's right, I turned a corner and there was a pedestrian walking across the road. I slowed down and waited and got failed for that!! Needless to say, my driving instructor made a formal complaint.

And here are the 11 questions that Tracey and Liz (from The Naughty Forty Diaries) asked me:

1. What is your favourite song? 
Hmm, I am a bit stuck already. I love so many different songs. I would like to say Robbie Williams 'You know me' as it was hubby and mine wedding song. However, I think my favourite song would have to be Empire State of Mind. 

2.  The one beauty product you couldn't live without?
The hubby could have answered this one for me haha. Vaseline. Without a doubt. I have five tins on the go at the minute! I have one by my bed, one in my handbag, one in my desk draw at work and then two spare ones! I am obsessed I suppose, but I have terrible dry lips. 

3. Celebrity Crush? 
Holly Willougby! haha. I love her. I love her dresses; I want her wardrobe. But I also love her values and the type of parent she is. I was very impressed with the way she stood up to Katie Hopkins on This Morning! I want to be like that. 

4. If you could holiday anywhere, where would it be?
The Seychelles. It's a bit cliched I suppose, but I want white sandy beaches and the sea as clear as anything, so you can see the bottom. I want my own private beach with a waiter who will bring me Cosmopolitans all day. 

5. Favourite Disney character?
Hmm, again a bit stuck. I think I would have to say Mary Poppins. I love her bag. 

6. Black or white?
Black. It goes with everything. I had a phase that nearly all my clothes in my wardrobe were black. Since then, I've made a big effort to bring a bit more colour into my clothes!

7. If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Risotto. I love it. I love my chorizo, chicken and red pepper risotto

8. If you were a contestant on 'I'm a celebrity, get me out of here', what would be your luxury item? 
Vaseline! 

9. All time favourite film and why?
Sex and The City. Sorry it's not something literary or groundbreaking. But I love that film (the first one). However, if I've got my teaching head on, then I do quite like Dead Poet's Society. 

10. Worst ever fashion disaster?
Waistcoats! Enough said. 

11. Ideal job?
I love my job as a teacher. However it is very, very stressful and requires me to be away from my boy a lot. I would love to write for a newspaper or magazine, freelance perhaps and be able to work at home. 

That was actually harder than I thought it would be! 

Anyway, I now nominate:



To Become Mum (she is way more well known than me, I realise that and much more successful! However, I am sticking to the rules of less than 200 followers on bloglovin'!)

Life At The Little Wood (again, much more popular than me!)






Baked Potato Mummy

Hayley From Home 

And here are your 11 questions:

1. If you could be anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

2. What's your favourite tipple?

3. What is your dream job?

4. Have you ever met anyone famous? If so, who?

5. If you could get rid of one thing in the world, what would it be?

6. Describe your hubby, partner or ideal partner.

7. What's your favourite meal to cook?

8. What's your favourite blog?

9. Winter or Summer?

10. Skinnies or bootlegs?

11. One beauty product you couldn't live without?

I 'may' have copied a couple of the original questions set for me, but I am genuinely interested to see the answers!

Phew, it's done! Please link up so I can read your answers and hopefully get to read other new blogs!





No comments:

Post a Comment