Tuesday, November 4, 2014

How house proud are you?

I am a bit of a control freak when it comes to my house. I like everything in its place and clean and tidy. Ask my husband, it drives him insane. I have a weekly schedule of tasks I do - change the bedding, hoover from top to bottom, dust and clean the bathroom. But I also quickly wipe around the bathroom most days and I always tidy Charlie's clutter up as soon as he is in bed each evening.

I like things just so. Again, it drives my husband mad that I can get really stressed that something hasn't been put away or it's not in its right place. He can't understand it. He can't see why I am seething when he leaves teabags lying around the kitchen or his underwear NEXT to the washing bag, rather than in it. He can't see why I get so fed up with shoes in an untidy pile behind the door or the coasters not on the coffee table but underneath it (that one is Charlie, by the way!). But my Mum was exceptionally clean and tidy and I suppose I adopted her ways. But I like things to be clean, I like to know where my stuff is and I like to be able to sit down at the end of the day surrounded by a tidy living room and be able to relax.

So I was interested to take the Carpet Right House Proud Survey, to find out really how house proud I am. Interestingly, but unsurprisingly, I got Perfectionist! It says I spend countless hours ensuring my house is clean and tidy. I suppose I do. But I don't see it as a chore, I really do enjoy keeping my house clean!

You can take the survey here if you like and join in. But do let me know what result you get! You could also win a £250 Virgin Experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment