Friday, November 7, 2014

Love The Little Things, Week 45

Sorry, I've missed a few weeks of #littleloves but I am back once again with what I've been loving, this time, over the past few weeks!


Read

I went to the library in the hols and picked up a Christmas book! Yes, I know that, at the time, it was a bit early, but I'm writing about it in November, so it counts now. It's called 'It Must Have Been The Mistletoe' by Judy Astley. I love a good old Christmas book to read in the weeks leading up to Christmas, it always makes it feel a bit more real. The book is about Thea, whose parents host a Christmas party in a house by the sea, even though they are about to split up. I haven't read much, but it's definitely an engaging storyline. 

Watched 

THIS!! So excited for the John Lewis advert and was excited when I saw But Why Mummy Why? Had also featured it on her watched list this week! The advert has become a bit of a cult thing at Christmas now. I loved last year's advert and couldn't wait to see this year's. I think I prefer this year's advert, it's so sweet and I was so pleased when the penguin got it's mate! 


Heard 

Not a lot this week. Although, I have changed my radio station from Radio 1 to Radio 2. I only listen on the commute to work and back I but really cannot stand Grimmy anymore and I have always liked Chris Evans; I think his breakfast show is really quite entertaining and funny. Does this now make me old though??

Wore 

Winter boots finally! I bought two pairs back in Summer and have been dying to wear them ever since! I love winter; being able to wear fluffy jumpers and gorgeous boots. I've also ditched the summery nail colours and am firmly back on OPI Black Cherry Chutney. I've also bought a plain black nail varnish, but I'm not too sure about it yet - not sure if it makes me look like a goth! (not that there's anything wrong with that, but I am quite clearly not one!) I also bought this jumper for the Christmas season from Next:


Made

Let down again by this category! I haven't made anything of note, besides a gin and tonic haha. Although we have been enjoying warming dinners instead of salads etc, such as chilli, roasts and casseroles. I'm so pleased to be able to make yummy comforting dishes again. 


And lastly, this week has been firework night! I love November 5th and this year, Charlie is just old enough, not to understand what they are, but to appreciate them. He loved them when we went on Wednesday night and we are going to an even bigger and better one tonight. It's also our weekend to have the step-daughter, so we are taking the kids out tomorrow to a animal place where they can see lots of little animals and get to touch them! 


As ever, I am linking up with Butwhymummywhy, so be sure to join in with the linky!







3 comments:

  1. Oh... I like a nice easy reading Christmas book, must look out for that one! Glad you enjoyed the fireworks, hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've really put me in the notion for a roast dinner now - yum! Loved all your little loves - the jumper is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely jumper and I'm loving getting my boots out too. So ready for winter now xx

    ReplyDelete